Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is 'One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met'
- Photo: George Pimentel/GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wireimage; Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: InStyle/.10 of 17
- Photo: Columbia/Sony Pictures11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 10:56:00 AM
- Chelsea Handler's Dog Is a Lion King in Teaser for Netflix Comedy Special (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:43:00 AM
- Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax's 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:32:00 AM
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers — See How Scorpion and Forever DidMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:26:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:09 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:09:53 AM
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. Distribution
What a champ!
Despite plenty of high-profile appearances and vacations together between summer 2010 and fall 2011, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz were notoriously tight-lipped during their on-and-off relationship -- but it seems there's still plenty of love and goodwill between the Yankees slugger, 36, and "Bad Teacher" actress, 39.
"I don't like talking about my relationships," Rodriguez says in a Thursday interview with "The Insider" (excerpted in Page Six) when asked about Diaz, whom he refers to by her initials. "But I will tell you about CD: She's probably one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, and just an amazing light."
Now dating WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, Rodriguez divorced wife Cynthia in 2008 after six years and two daughters together; the messy split was marred by the athlete's fling with Madonna.
Will the sports star marry again? "I'm not sure," Rodriguez says, lavishing praise on another famous hunk who's avoided remarrying.
"I think my new hero is George Clooney," he says of the Oscar winner, 50, whose girlfriend Stacy Keibler is friends with his love Wilson. "He's my new role model. I think he's done it right."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is "One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite