Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is 'One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met'
- Photo: George Pimentel/GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wireimage; Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: InStyle/.10 of 17
- Photo: Columbia/Sony Pictures11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- American Idol's Emily Piriz: The Judges "Have Been a Little Harder On Us This YearMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Oprah's Harpo Films to Adapt Book Club Selection 'The Invention of Wings'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:53:00 AM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising Drive
What a champ!
Despite plenty of high-profile appearances and vacations together between summer 2010 and fall 2011, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz were notoriously tight-lipped during their on-and-off relationship -- but it seems there's still plenty of love and goodwill between the Yankees slugger, 36, and "Bad Teacher" actress, 39.
"I don't like talking about my relationships," Rodriguez says in a Thursday interview with "The Insider" (excerpted in Page Six) when asked about Diaz, whom he refers to by her initials. "But I will tell you about CD: She's probably one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, and just an amazing light."
Now dating WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, Rodriguez divorced wife Cynthia in 2008 after six years and two daughters together; the messy split was marred by the athlete's fling with Madonna.
Will the sports star marry again? "I'm not sure," Rodriguez says, lavishing praise on another famous hunk who's avoided remarrying.
"I think my new hero is George Clooney," he says of the Oscar winner, 50, whose girlfriend Stacy Keibler is friends with his love Wilson. "He's my new role model. I think he's done it right."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is "One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite