Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is 'One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met'
- Photo: George Pimentel/GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wireimage; Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: Vita Coco/Anthony Mandler/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: InStyle/.10 of 17
- Photo: Columbia/Sony Pictures11 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com12 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:44:00 AM
- 'Captain America' Crushes Johnny Depp, Holds Off 'Heaven Is for Real&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:28:00 AM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- DWTS' NeNe Leakes Discusses Her and Tony's "Little Tiff"
What a champ!
Despite plenty of high-profile appearances and vacations together between summer 2010 and fall 2011, Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz were notoriously tight-lipped during their on-and-off relationship -- but it seems there's still plenty of love and goodwill between the Yankees slugger, 36, and "Bad Teacher" actress, 39.
"I don't like talking about my relationships," Rodriguez says in a Thursday interview with "The Insider" (excerpted in Page Six) when asked about Diaz, whom he refers to by her initials. "But I will tell you about CD: She's probably one of the greatest human beings I've ever met, and just an amazing light."
Now dating WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, Rodriguez divorced wife Cynthia in 2008 after six years and two daughters together; the messy split was marred by the athlete's fling with Madonna.
Will the sports star marry again? "I'm not sure," Rodriguez says, lavishing praise on another famous hunk who's avoided remarrying.
"I think my new hero is George Clooney," he says of the Oscar winner, 50, whose girlfriend Stacy Keibler is friends with his love Wilson. "He's my new role model. I think he's done it right."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alex Rodriguez: Ex Cameron Diaz Is "One of the Greatest Human Beings I've Ever Met"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite