Alleged Stalker Arrested after Violating Jennifer Garner Restraining Order
- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: ODuran/Fame Pictures5 of 9
- Photo: Right/Fame Pictures6 of 9
- Photo: Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Elise Amendola/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
A man was arrested Monday for both violating a court order and stalking while violating a court order after he was found to be near Jennifer Garner's daughter Violet Affleck's school.
Steven Burky was arrested after he was found to be near the school, but not on the actual campus. Garner obtained the restraining order against Burky in November of 2008 after she said that he'd been stalking her since 2002.
RELATED: See more pics of Jennifer Garner
She said in court papers back in 2008 that Burky had followed her around the country and sent her packages and letters. "This past year, Mr. Burky has resurfaced and his obsessive and harassing behavior has escalated to the point of becoming dangerous and threatening," she reported.
"He has now shown up at my private residence and has repeatedly expressed his belief that God has sent him a vision of me being persecuted in some manner that might result in my death," Garner also wrote in the court papers.
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
The order, granted by a Los Angeles court, prevents Burky from coming within 100 yards of the actress and her husband Ben Affleck, as well as the couple's daughter Violet and several household workers. It also prohibits Burky from contacting Garner in any way, including via telephone, regular mail or e-mail. Since the order was obtained, Garner gave birth to the couple's second daughter, Seraphina.
From Crowd Ignite