Amanda Bynes, Cory Monteith director talks about challenges facing Young Hollywood
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: @AdamShankman/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GOAL/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
By Heather Newgen
"The person that is out there isn't the person that I saw," says Adam Shankman, who directed Amanda in "Hairspray" and also worked with Cory Monteith on "Glee" before his tragic death from a heroin and alcohol overdose. "I love her and I hope everything goes well with her. This is out of the blue."
Shankman, who's also a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance," says his only advice to other young actors who hope to avoid the pitfalls of fame is to stay hyper-focused on their work.
"You've got to drown out the white noise and busy chatter that's out there. Realize what's important about what we do. Be humble and have humility," he told Wonderwall at his Dizzy Feet Foundation's Celebration of Dance gala presented with The Music Center at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles on July 27.
"Bring your best game to your work because that's really what it's all about. It's not all about the frosting that comes with it," he adds. "That's a big double-edged sword. It can be overly challenging."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite