Amanda Bynes 'improving daily,' says rep
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: GOAL/GSI4 of 9
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Publicist Jonathan Jaxson released a statement exclusively to ET on Thursday regarding allegations that doctors have recommended long-term hospitalization for Amanda Bynes to treat mental illness.
"Despite some reports, Amanda is improving daily and responding well," Jaxson said. "There is still a long road ahead, and that doesn't mean being confined to a locked-down treatment center. Amanda is in the best hands presently, medically, and each day her condition is being monitored. There is not a set release date, but with the great track she is on presently, she will be out of a lockdown facility and continuing to recover elsewhere in the near future. Her parents love her dearly and still are hoping to continue conservatorship after Sept. 30. Mental illness is a serious problem in America, and while many go untreated, Amanda is responding and cooperating with doctors and staff quite well."
Earlier this month, Amanda's mother, Lynn Bynes, was granted temporary conservatorship over the 27-year-old former Nickelodeon star by a Ventura County judge. The temporary conservatorship gives Lynn legal control over Amanda and her estate, and the right to decide where she lives and to make decisions related to her medical care.
This move followed Amanda's psychiatric hold after she was reported starting a fire in a stranger's driveway.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite