Amanda Bynes 'improving daily,' says rep
- Photo: St. Clair/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: GOAL/GSI4 of 9
- Photo: Steven Hirsch/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' Pilot
Publicist Jonathan Jaxson released a statement exclusively to ET on Thursday regarding allegations that doctors have recommended long-term hospitalization for Amanda Bynes to treat mental illness.
"Despite some reports, Amanda is improving daily and responding well," Jaxson said. "There is still a long road ahead, and that doesn't mean being confined to a locked-down treatment center. Amanda is in the best hands presently, medically, and each day her condition is being monitored. There is not a set release date, but with the great track she is on presently, she will be out of a lockdown facility and continuing to recover elsewhere in the near future. Her parents love her dearly and still are hoping to continue conservatorship after Sept. 30. Mental illness is a serious problem in America, and while many go untreated, Amanda is responding and cooperating with doctors and staff quite well."
Earlier this month, Amanda's mother, Lynn Bynes, was granted temporary conservatorship over the 27-year-old former Nickelodeon star by a Ventura County judge. The temporary conservatorship gives Lynn legal control over Amanda and her estate, and the right to decide where she lives and to make decisions related to her medical care.
This move followed Amanda's psychiatric hold after she was reported starting a fire in a stranger's driveway.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite