Amanda Bynes transfers to UCLA psychiatric facility, hides under sheet
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: GOAL/GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: GSI12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Amanda Bynes is moving to a new psychiatric facility. After being hospitalized on an involuntary 5150 psychiatric hold on July 22, the 27-year-old troubled actress stepped out for the first time to travel to UCLA Medical Center on Thursday, Aug. 15, TMZ reports.
Bynes covered her body and face with a white sheet while leaving a psychiatric facility in Ventura County. The "Easy A" star appeared to be wearing a bright blue wig on her head and only socks on her feet while walking to a black SUV.
According to TMZ, Bynes' mom Lynn, who was granted temporary conservatorship over her daughter on Aug. 9, wanted her transferred in order to receive the best psychiatric care.
On Aug. 9, TMZ reported that a judge granted doctors' request to extend Bynes' psychiatric hold for an additional 30 days. For the extension to be granted, it required the patient to be "gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder."
Bynes was initially placed under psychiatric care on July 22, after allegedly starting a fire in a stranger's driveway in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite