Amanda Bynes transfers to UCLA psychiatric facility, hides under sheet
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: GOAL/GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: GSI12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Amanda Bynes is moving to a new psychiatric facility. After being hospitalized on an involuntary 5150 psychiatric hold on July 22, the 27-year-old troubled actress stepped out for the first time to travel to UCLA Medical Center on Thursday, Aug. 15, TMZ reports.
Bynes covered her body and face with a white sheet while leaving a psychiatric facility in Ventura County. The "Easy A" star appeared to be wearing a bright blue wig on her head and only socks on her feet while walking to a black SUV.
According to TMZ, Bynes' mom Lynn, who was granted temporary conservatorship over her daughter on Aug. 9, wanted her transferred in order to receive the best psychiatric care.
On Aug. 9, TMZ reported that a judge granted doctors' request to extend Bynes' psychiatric hold for an additional 30 days. For the extension to be granted, it required the patient to be "gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder."
Bynes was initially placed under psychiatric care on July 22, after allegedly starting a fire in a stranger's driveway in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite