Amanda Bynes transfers to UCLA psychiatric facility, hides under sheet
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet1 of 13
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Bethan McKernan/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter5 of 13
- Photo: GOAL/GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Steffman-Turgeon/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: JB Nicholas/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: GSI12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
Amanda Bynes is moving to a new psychiatric facility. After being hospitalized on an involuntary 5150 psychiatric hold on July 22, the 27-year-old troubled actress stepped out for the first time to travel to UCLA Medical Center on Thursday, Aug. 15, TMZ reports.
Bynes covered her body and face with a white sheet while leaving a psychiatric facility in Ventura County. The "Easy A" star appeared to be wearing a bright blue wig on her head and only socks on her feet while walking to a black SUV.
According to TMZ, Bynes' mom Lynn, who was granted temporary conservatorship over her daughter on Aug. 9, wanted her transferred in order to receive the best psychiatric care.
On Aug. 9, TMZ reported that a judge granted doctors' request to extend Bynes' psychiatric hold for an additional 30 days. For the extension to be granted, it required the patient to be "gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder."
Bynes was initially placed under psychiatric care on July 22, after allegedly starting a fire in a stranger's driveway in her hometown of Thousand Oaks, Calif.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite