Amber Heard says Johnny Depp relationship is 'not part of my professional life'
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Reuters2 of 19
- Photo: Scott Larson/Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 19
- Photo: Getty Images North America6 of 19
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA8 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: WENN10 of 19
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin11 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Gonzalo Fuentes/Reuters13 of 19
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 19
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.15 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital16 of 19
- Photo: WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge LiMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Review: Kenny Chesney shows the way on new albumMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:54:00 AM
- 9 Marquez e-books coming out in EnglishMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:52:02 AM
- Maestro Muti skipping strike-plagued Rome theaterMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:49:44 AM
- APNewsBreak: 'The Lion King' makes historyMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:46:02 AM
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge Li
"It's not part of my professional life. I want to be an artist. I don't want to be a celebrity," she said of wanting to keep the relationship private. "You can find pictures of me [on the Internet] pumping gas, picking up dry cleaning, walking my dog, but nowhere are you going to find pictures of me hanging around at some nightclub. ... Can you ever imagine yourself in a situation like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, where the world feels like they have a stake in your private life? I would never want it."
Adding, "I guess I could not hold hands with who I want to, but what kind of life would that be? I don't want to change just because people are watching."
And tight-lipped is exactly how the 27-year-old and Depp, 50, have kept their relationship -- at least when it comes to talking about it. The duo recently stepped out holding hands while walking the red carpet together at Depp's latest flick "The Lone Ranger" in June.
The actors first met on the set of "Rum Diary" in 2009, and their relationship was confirmed in June 2012. "They are 100 percent dating," a source told Us Weekly at the time. "He treats her very well." Adding a pal of the actress, "They started sleeping together during the press tour."
Heard was last linked to girlfriend Tasya van Ree, after four years of dating. Depp announced his split with longtime love Vanessa Paradis in June 2012 after 14 years together.
"The last couple years have been a bit bumpy," Depp told Rolling Stone in its July 2013 issue about the split. "At times, certainly unpleasant, but that's the nature of breakups, I guess, especially when there are kiddies involved." The two are parents to Lily-Rose, 14, and Jack, 11.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite