'American Idol''s Siobhan Magnus Talks Adam Lambert & Hitting Those High Notes
It was a surprising bottom three on Wednesday night's "American Idol," following Shania Twain week, when Casey James, Michael Lynche and Siobhan Magnus learned they had the least number of votes. But it was Siobhan who ended up going home. May be in part due to Simon Cowell's comment: "I thought the screaming at the end may have gone a bit … it was like you were giving birth up there. But it was fun."
The 20-year-old from Cape Cod, MA says she learned to hit those high notes one night while she was still in high school and she was taking a shower.
"I am an avid shower singer -- much to the dismay of my family and my neighbors," Siobhan shares. "I was singing a Kelly Clarkson song and I went to hit one note and I was able to resonate in a different part of my head that I could belt it that high. Ever since I figured it out, I started to use it more. It became very useful with the style of singing that I like to do. One particular time it came in handy, I was singing with my friend's band and we did 'Great Gig in the Sky.' I had a blast wailing those huge notes at a Battle of the Bands and we won."
Siobhan's ability to hit those high notes also drew comparisons to last season runner-up and this season's mentor Adam Lambert.
"It was wicked flattering being compared to him," she admits. "He was extremely helpful as a mentor because he was the first mentor that the show ever had that was a past contestant. He knew first hand what it was like to be in our shoes. The things he said were so dead on. I tried to absorb every moment that I had with him."
Finishing sixth in the competition is just fine with Siobhan, who sees her "American Idol" experience as a stepping stone for things to come. She hopes those things include music, theater and possibly even a gig in a horror film. But first, she is looking forward to this summer's "American Idol" tour when she will be reunited with the rest of the Top 10.
"We got to talk afterwards. They said, 'We will miss your personality and sense of humor.' I am especially close with Lee [DeWyze]. He is such a great person. We formed an amazing friendship, as I did with every contestant. Lee in particular -- we clicked. I was so glad to have him there. We all have this special bond and we know this isn't the end by any means. We will be friends forever. It is inevitable just because of what we shared."
But before anything else, Siobhan will be heading home to reunite with her family, friends, her cat and dog and her boyfriend.
"He has been great this whole time," she says of her boyfriend. "There is pressure on him throughout this that people don't recognize. His being able to be strong while we were apart has been helpful. I knew that I could call him every night and vent about whatever happened that day. If I was happy or sad, he was in it even though we were 2000 miles apart."
Like the rest of the Top 10, Siobhan hedges her bets when asked to predict who will take the "American Idol" title, saying, "It is so hard to say because each person is so unique and talented. I know the last thing you want to hear is it could be anybody, but it depends on the coming themes. Whoever comes out on top, it will be for the right reasons."
"American Idol" returns on Tuesday at 8 p.m. on FOX when the Top 5 will perform songs from the Frank Sinatra songbook.
Find out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Beyonce posts behind-the-scenes shots of the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite