Andrew Garfield escaped robbery with funeral lie
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 11
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/KCA2012/Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/Pacific Coast News9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
Spider-Man star Andrew Garfield talked his way out of trouble during a street robbery by pretending he was heading home from his mother's funeral.
RELATED: Hollywood's Hottest Bachelors
The actor reveals he has been a target for bullies most of his life, and had a torrid time at school when he was frequently picked on.
His luck didn't change when he left, and he was occasionally targeted by thieves as he walked through London - but on one occasion he told a grisly lie to put the crooks off.
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Boring Couples
Garfield tells GQ magazine, "I was very confused when I first went to school, and there was a kid who was just mean and I just didn't understand it, and right into my teenage years, where I would be mugged on the street, or when I was 17 or 18 and I was in drama school, and I wouldn't be able to do anything because there'd be three or four of them and they'd take my wallet, and I'd come home feeling so dis-empowered and so angry!"
RELATED: Hollywood's Greatest Girlfriends
"When I was in Swiss Cottage (north London), going to my girlfriend's and this guy caught me and told me to empty my pockets. I was so desperate that I lied and said, 'Listen, I've just come from my mother's funeral!' It was an awful thing to say, but it worked, and it made him see me (as a person), and he sat on the steps with me for 10 minutes instead, comforting me..."
"I've never told my mum about that, and it might really upset her. She'd be heartbroken!"
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite