Angelina Jolie Banned From Flying Personal Plane by FAA: Report
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Koji Sasahara/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/KHAP/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: MTRX/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: FMB/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: AAP/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Camilla Morandi/Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Angelina Jolie has been grounded by the Federal Aviation Administration. The "Maleficent" actress was reportedly banned from flying her personal plane after she was late renewing its registration earlier this year, the New York Post's Page Six reported Wednesday, Dec. 11.
According to FAA documents obtained by the site, the plane's "airworthiness" certificate expired on June 30 of this year. The Post reports that a renewal application was sent by Jolie's team, but a letter from FAA sent in September states that the application arrived too late.
Jolie's plane, a $360,000 Cirrus SR-22, is said to be one of the world's fastest single-engine aircraft. The 38-year-old star got her pilot's license in 2004, and has taken flying lessons on-and-off through the years.
"When Maddox was one and a half, we used to go to the airfield have lunch, and watch the planes. And it dawned on me: I could fly," the mom of six told Vanity Fair in 2010 of why she decided to get her pilot's license. "So I promised him I would fly by his second birthday."
"It's the only place I'm completely alone -- up in the air, detached from everything," she added. "I love that I can just go anywhere, have that freedom."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite