Angelina Jolie Banned From Flying Personal Plane by FAA: Report
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Koji Sasahara/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/KHAP/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: MTRX/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: FMB/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Grey Wasp/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Universal Pictures/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: AAP/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Camilla Morandi/Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- How Much Will Piracy of 'The Expendables 3' Cost Lionsgate?MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 6:50:00 AM
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- How Much Will Piracy of 'The Expendables 3' Cost Lionsgate?
Angelina Jolie has been grounded by the Federal Aviation Administration. The "Maleficent" actress was reportedly banned from flying her personal plane after she was late renewing its registration earlier this year, the New York Post's Page Six reported Wednesday, Dec. 11.
According to FAA documents obtained by the site, the plane's "airworthiness" certificate expired on June 30 of this year. The Post reports that a renewal application was sent by Jolie's team, but a letter from FAA sent in September states that the application arrived too late.
Jolie's plane, a $360,000 Cirrus SR-22, is said to be one of the world's fastest single-engine aircraft. The 38-year-old star got her pilot's license in 2004, and has taken flying lessons on-and-off through the years.
"When Maddox was one and a half, we used to go to the airfield have lunch, and watch the planes. And it dawned on me: I could fly," the mom of six told Vanity Fair in 2010 of why she decided to get her pilot's license. "So I promised him I would fly by his second birthday."
"It's the only place I'm completely alone -- up in the air, detached from everything," she added. "I love that I can just go anywhere, have that freedom."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite