Angelina Jolie Covers Elle: 'I Never Thought I'd Have Children' or 'Be in Love': See the Stunning Pictures
- Photo: Hedi Slimane/Elle1 of 18
- Photo: Hedi Slimane/Elle2 of 18
- Photo: Hedi Slimane/Elle3 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Sulejman Omerbasic/AP6 of 18
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter7 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 18
- Photo: RAAK TROV/GSI9 of 18
- Photo: REX Features/.10 of 18
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 18
- Photo: MTRX/GSI13 of 18
- Photo: Frank Augstein/AP14 of 18
- Photo: Grey Wasp/KHAP/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
One of the most talked-about celebrities in Hollywood is opening up. Angelina Jolie appears on the cover of the June issue of Elle magazine and divulges details about her personal life with partner Brad Pitt and the big surprise that came with her life.
Jolie, 38, stuns on the front of the publication, looking gorgeous in black-and-white shots.
In one of the inside images, she laughs as she sits on a stool in a well-cut black suit. Her towering black pointy-toe heel balances on the edge of the seat as she covers her smiling face with her hand. In another photo, she stares straight into the camera, posing in a black button-down shirt tucked into a high-waisted black skirt.
She wears minimal makeup in the cover shoot, her cheekbones standing out with her long hair flowing down her back. The actress is dressed in all black and a T-shirt shows off her bicep tattoo.
The ink on her arm lists geographical coordinates that are meaningful to the actress: the birth places of her six children and the same of Pitt's hometown in Oklahoma.
Jolie, who stars in the upcoming "Maleficent" as the fairy tale villain, never anticipated having those seven lines.
"I never thought I’d have children," she told Elle. "I never thought I’d be in love, I never thought I’d meet the right person. Having come from a broken home—you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don’t look for them."
Jolie found her "person" in Pitt, 50. "You get together and you’re two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy," she told the publication about her partner. "After all these years, we have history—and when you have history with somebody, you’re friends in such a very real, deep way that there’s such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together.”
She also touched on her famously wild past. She told the publication that her twenties were "misinterpreted as [me] wanting to be rebellious."
She went on to add, "In fact it wasn’t a need to be destructive or rebellious—it’s that need to find a full voice, to push open the walls around you. You want to be free. And as you start to feel that you are being corralled into a certain life, you kind of push against it. It may come out very strange, it may be interpreted wrong, but you’re trying to find out who you are."
The former wild child is now the mother to six children with Pitt. Her youngest daughter Vivienne, 5, appears in the upcoming Maleficent with her—a decision Jolie did not take lightly. "For young Aurora, they needed a child who wouldn’t be fazed by the Mistress of All Evil hissing “I don’t like children” in her face," Jolie explained. “And my little Vivienne—we call her my shadow, because there’s nothing I can do to shake her. I can be tired, I can be grumpy, I can be in a terrible mood, and she doesn’t care… we couldn’t really cast anybody else… Brad and I made the decision that we wouldn’t keep [the children] from sets and the fun of making movies, but we wouldn’t [glorify it either] -- we wouldn’t make it a good thing or a bad thing. But I would really prefer they do something else."
For more from Jolie, head over to Elle.com and pick up the June issue on newsstands on May 20. Keep clicking to see more of Jolie's gorgeous photos from Elle ...
ALSO ON ELLE.COM
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite