Angelina Jolie: Daughter Vivienne wasn't scared of my 'Maleficent' costume
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 13
- Photo: Disney/Promotional2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Rocstar/CPR/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: MNB/HSS/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Even dressed up as the evil witch in "Maleficent," Angelina Jolie wasn't able to fool one of her six children -- 5-year-old Vivienne!
While presenting a clip from the upcoming Disney movie "Maleficent" at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., the actress revealed that her scary costume as the Sleeping Beauty villainess was very frightening for most children to see.
"These little kids would visit the set, and I would think, 'Oh, I am a Disney character,' so I would go over to them, and say, 'Hi there.' They would just scream," she said via EW.com. "One little kid even said, 'Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me.' "
But Jolie's daughter, Vivienne, who plays a young Princess Aurora in the live-action film, wasn't scared of her mom's costume.
"Vivienne was the only 4-year-old who didn't scream when she saw me!" Jolie laughed.
Making her first solo promotional appearance in Hollywood, the actress -- who underwent a preventative double mastectomy in February -- looked stunning in an all-black ensemble. Speaking to the crowd, she revealed that she was thrilled to portray the evil villainess of "Sleeping Beauty."
"My children love Disney," she shared, per EW.com. "You know you can bring your kids to a Disney film."
"Since I was a little girl, Maleficent was always my favorite," she added. "I was terrified of her, but I was so drawn to her. She had this elegance and grace, and yet she was so cruel. Just wonderfully and deliciously cruel."
In addition to Vivienne and twin brother Knox, Jolie and fiance Brad Pitt are parents to Maddox, 11; Pax, 9; Zahara, 8; and Shiloh, 7. Pax and Zahara also make cameos on the film, which hits theaters July 2, 2014.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite