Angelina Jolie: 'I Didn't Pay Any Attention' to Oscars Leg-Flashing Jokes
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
When Angelina Jolie dramatically flashed her right leg in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown at the 2012 Oscars on Feb. 26, it seemed like a brazen ploy for attention, and kicked off one of the biggest Internet memes of the year so far.
But Jolie herself was fairly clueless about the entire joke-a-thon, she told The Huffington Post.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?" the actress, director and mom, 36, said.
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," explained Jolie, who attended the awards fest with longtime love Brad Pitt, a Best Actor nominee. Still, for mere mortals, the "Angelina Jolie's right leg" meme was impossible to avoid post-Oscars, with a popular Twitter handle, photoshopped "Leg-bombing" pics and other gags storming the web. (The mockery began onstage, when Jolie presented a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar to "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash, who quickly mimicked her super-sexy pose.)
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," Jolie said, laughing. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
How'd she pick that dress, anyway?
"I wanted to be comfortable and I feel sexy in black velvet," she told Us Weekly on the red carpet on Oscar night.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite