Angelina Jolie: 'I Didn't Pay Any Attention' to Oscars Leg-Flashing Jokes
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
When Angelina Jolie dramatically flashed her right leg in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown at the 2012 Oscars on Feb. 26, it seemed like a brazen ploy for attention, and kicked off one of the biggest Internet memes of the year so far.
But Jolie herself was fairly clueless about the entire joke-a-thon, she told The Huffington Post.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?" the actress, director and mom, 36, said.
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," explained Jolie, who attended the awards fest with longtime love Brad Pitt, a Best Actor nominee. Still, for mere mortals, the "Angelina Jolie's right leg" meme was impossible to avoid post-Oscars, with a popular Twitter handle, photoshopped "Leg-bombing" pics and other gags storming the web. (The mockery began onstage, when Jolie presented a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar to "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash, who quickly mimicked her super-sexy pose.)
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," Jolie said, laughing. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
How'd she pick that dress, anyway?
"I wanted to be comfortable and I feel sexy in black velvet," she told Us Weekly on the red carpet on Oscar night.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite