Angelina Jolie: 'I Didn't Pay Any Attention' to Oscars Leg-Flashing Jokes
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan WebisodesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:00:00 AM
- The Following's Warren Kole Joins StalkerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Earnings: Discovery Beats Q2 EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Has a Cameo in Fast & Furious 7MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Time Warner Cable Q2 Earnings Rise, But Miss EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:33:00 AM
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan Webisodes
When Angelina Jolie dramatically flashed her right leg in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown at the 2012 Oscars on Feb. 26, it seemed like a brazen ploy for attention, and kicked off one of the biggest Internet memes of the year so far.
But Jolie herself was fairly clueless about the entire joke-a-thon, she told The Huffington Post.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?" the actress, director and mom, 36, said.
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," explained Jolie, who attended the awards fest with longtime love Brad Pitt, a Best Actor nominee. Still, for mere mortals, the "Angelina Jolie's right leg" meme was impossible to avoid post-Oscars, with a popular Twitter handle, photoshopped "Leg-bombing" pics and other gags storming the web. (The mockery began onstage, when Jolie presented a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar to "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash, who quickly mimicked her super-sexy pose.)
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," Jolie said, laughing. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
How'd she pick that dress, anyway?
"I wanted to be comfortable and I feel sexy in black velvet," she told Us Weekly on the red carpet on Oscar night.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite