Angelina Jolie: 'I Didn't Pay Any Attention' to Oscars Leg-Flashing Jokes
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- ESPYs Exec Producer: We Would've Loved to Have Had LeBron James Announce Move on Our ShowMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 2:51:00 PM
- Paramount to Extend Deal With Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 2:34:00 PM
- Starz Sets Premiere Dates for LeBron James Comedy 'Survivor's Remorse,' RMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Touts Saturday Baseball Success, Gears Up for Tuesday's All-Star GameMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 2:13:00 PM
- 'Please Like Me' Star Explains How to Shower With a Baby on TVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 1:46:00 PM
- ESPYs Exec Producer: We Would've Loved to Have Had LeBron James Announce Move on Our Show
When Angelina Jolie dramatically flashed her right leg in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown at the 2012 Oscars on Feb. 26, it seemed like a brazen ploy for attention, and kicked off one of the biggest Internet memes of the year so far.
But Jolie herself was fairly clueless about the entire joke-a-thon, she told The Huffington Post.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?" the actress, director and mom, 36, said.
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," explained Jolie, who attended the awards fest with longtime love Brad Pitt, a Best Actor nominee. Still, for mere mortals, the "Angelina Jolie's right leg" meme was impossible to avoid post-Oscars, with a popular Twitter handle, photoshopped "Leg-bombing" pics and other gags storming the web. (The mockery began onstage, when Jolie presented a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar to "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash, who quickly mimicked her super-sexy pose.)
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," Jolie said, laughing. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
How'd she pick that dress, anyway?
"I wanted to be comfortable and I feel sexy in black velvet," she told Us Weekly on the red carpet on Oscar night.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVintage Beauty
From Crowd Ignite