Angelina Jolie: 'I Didn't Pay Any Attention' to Oscars Leg-Flashing Jokes
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: AP1/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM
- CW Pulls 'Seed,' 'Backpackers' From ScheduleMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Whitney Houston's Mother Is Upset Over Lifetime's Upcoming Biopic: "Let HMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:50:00 PM
- The Originals' Joseph Morgan Weds Persia WhiteMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:48:00 PM
- Comic Con: TheWrap's Live BlogMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Alicia Keys to Mentor Pharrell Williams' Team on 'The Voice'
When Angelina Jolie dramatically flashed her right leg in a black velvet Atelier Versace gown at the 2012 Oscars on Feb. 26, it seemed like a brazen ploy for attention, and kicked off one of the biggest Internet memes of the year so far.
But Jolie herself was fairly clueless about the entire joke-a-thon, she told The Huffington Post.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean?" the actress, director and mom, 36, said.
"I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," explained Jolie, who attended the awards fest with longtime love Brad Pitt, a Best Actor nominee. Still, for mere mortals, the "Angelina Jolie's right leg" meme was impossible to avoid post-Oscars, with a popular Twitter handle, photoshopped "Leg-bombing" pics and other gags storming the web. (The mockery began onstage, when Jolie presented a Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar to "Descendants" screenwriter Jim Rash, who quickly mimicked her super-sexy pose.)
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," Jolie said, laughing. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
How'd she pick that dress, anyway?
"I wanted to be comfortable and I feel sexy in black velvet," she told Us Weekly on the red carpet on Oscar night.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite