Angelina Jolie: I Don't Love Acting As Much As I Used To
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: DM1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: VPB/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 17
- Photo: PATRICK GARDIN/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: VPB/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: MATEI H/GVK/Bauer-Griffin15 of 17
- Photo: Louis Vuitton/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Angelina Jolie is one of the highest paid actresses in the world, but the Oscar winner's main passions are actually outside of the field. In an interview with the Financial Times published Friday, Jolie, 36, opens up about becoming a mom of six has changed her relationship with work.
"I've never not been grateful to be an actor," she says. "But I think when I was younger I needed [acting] more. I was trying to question things in life so you find these characters that help you find things and grow."
Now, she adds, "I'm older and I know who I am… and I'm less interested in the character helping me answer something… than in being able to answer it for myself, as a woman, as an adult, with my family."
Although the Salt star says she has no plans to retire in the near future, she admits: "I don't love [acting] as much as I did]. I love being a mom."
Jolie and her longtime love Brad Pitt have six children together -- Maddox, 9, Pax, 7, Zahara, 6, Shiloh, 5, and 3-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne -- and the family is famous for their nomadic lifestyle. "Home is wherever we are," she says. But does she ever feel rootless? "Yes, but happily. I'm very bad at staying in one place. I'm also bad at sitting still… There's so much to explore in the world… So I love travel. If you can travel I think it's the best way to raise kids."
Her directorial debut -- "In the Land of Blood and Honey"-- is a love story she also wrote, which is set in the Bosnian war. "I prefer [being behind the camera] to acting," she admits. "I think I've learned something from all of [the directors I've worked with] -- even the ones I didn't like… I also learned a lot from Clint Eastwood about how to appreciate the members of the crew, empowering them to do their job."
But Jolie doesn't plan to stay in the business forever. "As Brad and I get older we're going to do fewer films. I've been working for a long time, he's been working for a long time," she says. "We've had a nice run and I don't want to be doing this our whole lives. There are a lot of other things to do."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite