Angelina Jolie: I'm Lucky I Didn't Die Young
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: System.String/Reuters2 of 20
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 20
- Photo: Splash News4 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Na Son Nguyen/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP8 of 20
- Photo: Junji Kurokawa/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Yusuke Nakanishi/StarTraks10 of 20
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks11 of 20
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 20
- Photo: Anonymous/.13 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Francois Mori/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Splash News16 of 20
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
She wasn't always toy shopping with Shiloh and visiting with refugees in the Congo.
Prior to her current, globe-trotting life as an actress, humanitarian, mother of six and longtime partner to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie first became a household name as a weird, risk-taking Hollywood hottie.
Now 36, the star, whose directorial and screenwriting debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey" is due out in December, says that the much-parodied darkness of her earlier years was very real -- and very scary.
"I went through heavier, darker times and I survived them. I didn't die young," Jolie tells "60 Minutes" correspondent Bob Simon in a new interview airing Sunday.
"So I am very lucky. There are other artists and people that didn't survive certain things," adds the Oscar winner.
Daredevil Jolie, who infamously smooched her brother James Haven at the Oscars, kept a vial of blood of hubby Billy Bob Thornton's around her neck, amid other pre-Brad shenanigans, failed to elaborate how she might have died young.
But, she teases to Simon, "People can imagine that I did the most dangerous, and I did the worst. ... for many reasons, I shouldn't be here. You just. ... too many times where you came close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken too, too far."
Not that she's completely reformed, of course. "I'm still a bad girl," Jolie insists. "I still have that side of me. ... it's just in its place now. ... it belongs to Brad, or our adventures," she gushes of Pitt, 47, her man since 2005.
They share kids Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 6, Shiloh, 5, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 3.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite