Angelina Jolie Wears Engagement Ring to First Public Event!
- Photo: Sarajevo Talent Campus/USMagazine1 of 16
- Photo: IWAA/ZOB/ZDS/Charles Ruby/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: LVB/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: NBC/MSN6 of 16
- Photo: Weekblad Prive/Ferry de Kok/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: Dan Kitwood/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: CAP/PPG/JH/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
It was a long way away from any Hollywood red carpet at Saturday's Sarajevo Film Festival in Bosnia -- making it the perfect event for Angelina Jolie to publicly debut her gigantic engagement ring from Brad Pitt.
The "Maleficent" actress, 37, was first seen wearing the $500,000, tablet-shaped rock (co-designed by jeweler Robert Procop and Pitt, 48) in early April during a private viewing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Chinese Galleries. When an intrepid photographer snapped the bauble, Pitt's manager confirmed the long-awaited engagement to the world.
Since then, Jolie hasn't attended any red carpet events in Hollywood or elsewhere, with Pitt attending the Cannes Film Festival solo for the first time in years.
Clad in a silky, draped beige top, skinny black pants and black, peep-toe pumps, the Oscar-winning actress, skinny as ever, quietly flashed her news-making ring as she chatted with filmmakers at Saturday's event.
Named an Honorary Citizen of Sarajev, Jolie spoke with young actors, directors, screenwriters, producers and film critics from the region about her own writing and directorial debut, the dark Bosnian War romance "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
The students, one attendee tells Us, were "impressed." When asked about her humanitarian work -- Jolie is now a Special Envoy for the UNHCR -- she explained that she "wants to give something back to underprivileged people," the attendee added.
On Saturday afternoon, Jolie was spotted arriving at her hotel with daughter Shiloh, 6; the star and Pitt and their brood of six have been staying in London while she shoots "Maleficent" at Pinewood Studios.
As for that wedding?
"We actually, really and truly, have no date," Pitt, 48, said at Cannes in May.
"It's just something that makes sense to us, and certainly date-wise, it's just a rumor," he continued. "We're still hoping that we can figure out marriage equality in the states before that date."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Angelina Jolie Wears Engagement Ring to First Public Event!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite