Angelina Jolie Wears Engagement Ring to First Public Event!
- Photo: Sarajevo Talent Campus/USMagazine1 of 16
- Photo: IWAA/ZOB/ZDS/Charles Ruby/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: LVB/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: NBC/MSN6 of 16
- Photo: Weekblad Prive/Ferry de Kok/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: Dan Kitwood/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: CAP/PPG/JH/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: LACMA/Howard Pasamanick/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
It was a long way away from any Hollywood red carpet at Saturday's Sarajevo Film Festival in Bosnia -- making it the perfect event for Angelina Jolie to publicly debut her gigantic engagement ring from Brad Pitt.
The "Maleficent" actress, 37, was first seen wearing the $500,000, tablet-shaped rock (co-designed by jeweler Robert Procop and Pitt, 48) in early April during a private viewing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Chinese Galleries. When an intrepid photographer snapped the bauble, Pitt's manager confirmed the long-awaited engagement to the world.
Since then, Jolie hasn't attended any red carpet events in Hollywood or elsewhere, with Pitt attending the Cannes Film Festival solo for the first time in years.
Clad in a silky, draped beige top, skinny black pants and black, peep-toe pumps, the Oscar-winning actress, skinny as ever, quietly flashed her news-making ring as she chatted with filmmakers at Saturday's event.
Named an Honorary Citizen of Sarajev, Jolie spoke with young actors, directors, screenwriters, producers and film critics from the region about her own writing and directorial debut, the dark Bosnian War romance "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
The students, one attendee tells Us, were "impressed." When asked about her humanitarian work -- Jolie is now a Special Envoy for the UNHCR -- she explained that she "wants to give something back to underprivileged people," the attendee added.
On Saturday afternoon, Jolie was spotted arriving at her hotel with daughter Shiloh, 6; the star and Pitt and their brood of six have been staying in London while she shoots "Maleficent" at Pinewood Studios.
As for that wedding?
"We actually, really and truly, have no date," Pitt, 48, said at Cannes in May.
"It's just something that makes sense to us, and certainly date-wise, it's just a rumor," he continued. "We're still hoping that we can figure out marriage equality in the states before that date."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Angelina Jolie Wears Engagement Ring to First Public Event!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite