Angelina Jolie's doctor praises her for mastectomy decision
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: MNB/HSS/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: BB1/HSS/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: ZH1/ZJE/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Angelina Jolie's personal doctor has heaped praise on the private Hollywood star for opting to go public with news of her double mastectomy.
Jolie made headlines in May when she revealed she had undergone the drastic surgery as a preventative measure after doctors warned her she was at high risk of developing breast cancer.
RELATED: Hollywood's palest celeb countdown
Now Dr. Kristi Funk tells Los Angeles magazine Jolie had decided early on she would make an announcement about the procedures, but "waited to find the perfect timing in her personal and professional life, but, I think most importantly, in her soul."
Funk has applauded Jolie for inspiring others, telling the September issue of the publication, "When someone who is arguably the most beautiful woman in the world removes the part of her body that is symbolic of femininity and sexuality, you have to say, 'Why would she do that?' "She is intensely private, but she calculated the moment when she would be ready to reveal something so personal... She knew always that in her philanthropic core she couldn't keep this a secret and be who she is. She always knew."
Jolie, whose mother Marcheline Bertrand lost her battle with ovarian cancer in 2007, underwent almost three months of medical procedures in secret, beginning Feb. 2 and ending on April 27.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite