Anna Wintour heading to magazine hall of fame
- Photo: Jeff Moore/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
NEW YORK (AP) -- Already considered one of the most powerful people in fashion, Vogue's Anna Wintour is headed to the Magazine Editors' Hall of Fame.
The American Society of Magazine Editors announced Monday that Wintour would be honored at its annual gala in April.
"Throughout her career, Anna Wintour has exemplified the highest standards of taste, in both journalism and fashion," said Sid Holt, ASME's chief executive, in a statement. "She has defined style for a generation of magazine readers and come to epitomize the essential qualities of editorial leadership."
RELATED: Fashion Week party pics
Vogue is the standard-bearer of the high-fashion glossy magazines; its 2009 average circulation was 1,269,640. Wintour was named editor in chief in 1988. She had earlier been Vogue's creative director as well as the top editor at British Vogue and House & Garden.
Previous ASME honorees include Martha Stewart, Tina Brown, Helen Gurley Brown and Hugh Hefner.
RELATED: Hugh Hefner and "The Girls Next Door"
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite