Anne Hathaway Goes on Extreme Diet to Prep for 'Les Miserables' Role
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: DM1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Miramax/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Anne Hathaway is on a depravation diet.
Reportedly ordered to drop 16 lbs. in three weeks for her role as Fantine in the upcoming film adaptation of the musical 'Les Miserables,' the 5-foot-8 actress, 29, is subsisting on a meager 500 calories per day (versus the recommended 2,000), according to the U.K. Daily Mirror.
While Hathaway, who portrays a prostitute stricken with a terminal case of tuberculosis, is losing weight for the role, her publicist explains that the specifics aren't quite accurate. "The numbers are exaggerated in both pounds and calories," her rep argues.
In addition to her strict diet, Hathaway had to endure grueling workout sessions stateside before jetting off to London where she's currently filming the flick.
"Anne was exercising two hours a day, five days a week!" a source close to the star explains.
Les Mis isn't the first role that's forced Hathaway to whittle her middle. For her role as Catwoman in this summer's The Dark Knight Rises, the actress has said she lived on "kale and dust."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite