Anne Hathaway Goes on Extreme Diet to Prep for 'Les Miserables' Role
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: DM1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Miramax/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Anne Hathaway is on a depravation diet.
Reportedly ordered to drop 16 lbs. in three weeks for her role as Fantine in the upcoming film adaptation of the musical 'Les Miserables,' the 5-foot-8 actress, 29, is subsisting on a meager 500 calories per day (versus the recommended 2,000), according to the U.K. Daily Mirror.
While Hathaway, who portrays a prostitute stricken with a terminal case of tuberculosis, is losing weight for the role, her publicist explains that the specifics aren't quite accurate. "The numbers are exaggerated in both pounds and calories," her rep argues.
In addition to her strict diet, Hathaway had to endure grueling workout sessions stateside before jetting off to London where she's currently filming the flick.
"Anne was exercising two hours a day, five days a week!" a source close to the star explains.
Les Mis isn't the first role that's forced Hathaway to whittle her middle. For her role as Catwoman in this summer's The Dark Knight Rises, the actress has said she lived on "kale and dust."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite