Anne Hathaway Goes on Extreme Diet to Prep for 'Les Miserables' Role
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: DM1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Miramax/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Anne Hathaway is on a depravation diet.
Reportedly ordered to drop 16 lbs. in three weeks for her role as Fantine in the upcoming film adaptation of the musical 'Les Miserables,' the 5-foot-8 actress, 29, is subsisting on a meager 500 calories per day (versus the recommended 2,000), according to the U.K. Daily Mirror.
While Hathaway, who portrays a prostitute stricken with a terminal case of tuberculosis, is losing weight for the role, her publicist explains that the specifics aren't quite accurate. "The numbers are exaggerated in both pounds and calories," her rep argues.
In addition to her strict diet, Hathaway had to endure grueling workout sessions stateside before jetting off to London where she's currently filming the flick.
"Anne was exercising two hours a day, five days a week!" a source close to the star explains.
Les Mis isn't the first role that's forced Hathaway to whittle her middle. For her role as Catwoman in this summer's The Dark Knight Rises, the actress has said she lived on "kale and dust."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite