Anne Hathaway Goes on Extreme Diet to Prep for 'Les Miserables' Role
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: DM1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Miramax/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: BSD/RSM/MWM/ZO9/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Anne Hathaway is on a depravation diet.
Reportedly ordered to drop 16 lbs. in three weeks for her role as Fantine in the upcoming film adaptation of the musical 'Les Miserables,' the 5-foot-8 actress, 29, is subsisting on a meager 500 calories per day (versus the recommended 2,000), according to the U.K. Daily Mirror.
While Hathaway, who portrays a prostitute stricken with a terminal case of tuberculosis, is losing weight for the role, her publicist explains that the specifics aren't quite accurate. "The numbers are exaggerated in both pounds and calories," her rep argues.
In addition to her strict diet, Hathaway had to endure grueling workout sessions stateside before jetting off to London where she's currently filming the flick.
"Anne was exercising two hours a day, five days a week!" a source close to the star explains.
Les Mis isn't the first role that's forced Hathaway to whittle her middle. For her role as Catwoman in this summer's The Dark Knight Rises, the actress has said she lived on "kale and dust."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite