Anne Hathaway threw 'a fit' over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar dress during rehearsal, insider says
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage/Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are working on their honeymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
Cosette reportedly made Fantine very, very upset. Us Weekly has brand-new details on what went down between "Les Miserables" co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried the day before the Academy Awards and caused a panicked Hathaway to ditch her planned Valentino gown in favor of a Prada creation for her Oscar-winning night.
An insider close to the situation tells Us Hathaway learned during an Oscar rehearsal at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 22 that Seyfried planned to wear a dress notably similar to hers to the ceremony. After Hathaway asked about her pal's dress, Seyfried graciously shared an iPhone snap of the Alexander McQueen creation.
"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.
But the drama didn't end there: It spilled into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, makeup, hair and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the 'Les Mis' tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."
Hathaway acknowledged the kerfuffle in a surprising statement released by her publicist earlier this week. "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," the "I Dreamed a Dream" singer said. "Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused."
"I kind of can't understand why Anne didn't wear the Valentino gown, anyway," the first source opines. "She was the one winning the award, not Amanda. Who cares?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite