Anne Hathaway threw 'a fit' over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar dress during rehearsal, insider says
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 12
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA7 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- 'Ironside' Star Paul Mitchell Dead at 71MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:33:28 AM
- Ooyala, ESPN's Web Video Provider, Raises $43 MillionMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:27:43 AM
- A&E Networks Rebranding Bio Channel to Lifestyle Channel FYIMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:09:52 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!
Cosette reportedly made Fantine very, very upset. Us Weekly has brand-new details on what went down between "Les Miserables" co-stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried the day before the Academy Awards and caused a panicked Hathaway to ditch her planned Valentino gown in favor of a Prada creation for her Oscar-winning night.
An insider close to the situation tells Us Hathaway learned during an Oscar rehearsal at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 22 that Seyfried planned to wear a dress notably similar to hers to the ceremony. After Hathaway asked about her pal's dress, Seyfried graciously shared an iPhone snap of the Alexander McQueen creation.
"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.
But the drama didn't end there: It spilled into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, makeup, hair and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the 'Les Mis' tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."
Hathaway acknowledged the kerfuffle in a surprising statement released by her publicist earlier this week. "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," the "I Dreamed a Dream" singer said. "Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused."
"I kind of can't understand why Anne didn't wear the Valentino gown, anyway," the first source opines. "She was the one winning the award, not Amanda. Who cares?"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite