Anne Hathaway's Ex-Boyfriend Raffaello Follieri to Be Released From Prison and Deported
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: DM1/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: A.Elatab/T.Meinelt/J.Lee/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Raffaello Follieri's life is about to change again.
Anne Hathaway's infamous ex-boyfriend, who pleaded guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy in October 2008, is set to end his federal prison term on Thursday.
According to the New York Post, upon his exit from the Pennsylvania-based institution, the former real estate developer (whose scheming consisted of convincing rich investors to buy Vatican properties) will be handed over to federal officials who will then arrange for his deportation back to his native Italy.
Follieri's rep explained to the Post, "After my visit with Raffaello last week in Loretto federal prison, where he has been for the past 48 months focused solely on his education, charitable endeavors and physical transformation, it is my understanding from counsel that he is indeed to be transferred into the custody of ICE for immediate processing and subsequent deportation back to Italy, where he is expected to be released into the care of his family. [He] expects to resume his role at the helm of the Follieri Group."
Hathaway, who today is engaged to beau Adam Shulman, called things off with her Italian businessman beau of four years in June 2008, months before he was indicted. That year, she opened up to Britain's The Independent about the heartbreak she endured.
"The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you, if you don't let it get the best of you," Hathaway, 29, said, quoting humorist Will Rogers.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite