Anne Hathaway's Ex-Boyfriend Raffaello Follieri to Be Released From Prison and Deported
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: DM1/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: A.Elatab/T.Meinelt/J.Lee/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Raffaello Follieri's life is about to change again.
Anne Hathaway's infamous ex-boyfriend, who pleaded guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy in October 2008, is set to end his federal prison term on Thursday.
According to the New York Post, upon his exit from the Pennsylvania-based institution, the former real estate developer (whose scheming consisted of convincing rich investors to buy Vatican properties) will be handed over to federal officials who will then arrange for his deportation back to his native Italy.
Follieri's rep explained to the Post, "After my visit with Raffaello last week in Loretto federal prison, where he has been for the past 48 months focused solely on his education, charitable endeavors and physical transformation, it is my understanding from counsel that he is indeed to be transferred into the custody of ICE for immediate processing and subsequent deportation back to Italy, where he is expected to be released into the care of his family. [He] expects to resume his role at the helm of the Follieri Group."
Hathaway, who today is engaged to beau Adam Shulman, called things off with her Italian businessman beau of four years in June 2008, months before he was indicted. That year, she opened up to Britain's The Independent about the heartbreak she endured.
"The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you, if you don't let it get the best of you," Hathaway, 29, said, quoting humorist Will Rogers.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite