Anne Hathaway's Ex-Boyfriend Raffaello Follieri to Be Released From Prison and Deported
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: DM1/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Mr.Blue/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: A.Elatab/T.Meinelt/J.Lee/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Jeff Gaspin, Jon Klein to Launch Multichannel Online Video PlatformMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:47:00 AM
- Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart in Talks to Star in Hitman Movie 'The Black Phantom'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:45:00 AM
- Ratings: Bachelor Finale Hits Season High; Bones Returns UpMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:30:00 AM
- SAG Awards Key Dates AnnouncedMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:15:00 AM
- Disney In Talks to Buy Maker Studios for $500M+MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Jeff Gaspin, Jon Klein to Launch Multichannel Online Video Platform
Raffaello Follieri's life is about to change again.
Anne Hathaway's infamous ex-boyfriend, who pleaded guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy in October 2008, is set to end his federal prison term on Thursday.
According to the New York Post, upon his exit from the Pennsylvania-based institution, the former real estate developer (whose scheming consisted of convincing rich investors to buy Vatican properties) will be handed over to federal officials who will then arrange for his deportation back to his native Italy.
Follieri's rep explained to the Post, "After my visit with Raffaello last week in Loretto federal prison, where he has been for the past 48 months focused solely on his education, charitable endeavors and physical transformation, it is my understanding from counsel that he is indeed to be transferred into the custody of ICE for immediate processing and subsequent deportation back to Italy, where he is expected to be released into the care of his family. [He] expects to resume his role at the helm of the Follieri Group."
Hathaway, who today is engaged to beau Adam Shulman, called things off with her Italian businessman beau of four years in June 2008, months before he was indicted. That year, she opened up to Britain's The Independent about the heartbreak she endured.
"The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you, if you don't let it get the best of you," Hathaway, 29, said, quoting humorist Will Rogers.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite