Another Round of Diamond Ring Rumors for ReeseRelated: Hot Gossip, Reese Witherspoon
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 6
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the Fest
By Kat Giantis
Reese Witherspoon has roundly denied persistent reports that she's engaged to agent beau Jim Toth, but with their one-year anniversary fast approaching, the rumor mill continues to push for a proposal.
The latest betrothal chatter comes from RadarOnline, which claims the high-powered CAA exec wants to lock down the Oscar-winning actress "very soon," and has already selected a sizable (but not overly so) sparkler.
"He was looking for something pretty big, around three or four carats," alleges a source, who predicts a holiday question-popping for the refreshingly low-key pair. "Reese probably wouldn't wear anything larger than that since she's not showy."
But Witherspoon, 34, laughs off the nuptial speculation in the latest Entertainment Weekly.
"My mom always texts me, like, 'Are you getting married?'" says the former Mrs. Phillippe, who is mom to Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7. "I'm like, 'Mom, come on! You would know if I was getting married.'"
The actress began dating Toth shortly after her bust-up with Jake Gyllenhaal in late 2009, and they quickly became joined at the hip, from attending her kids' soccer games to working out together to going to church on Sunday.
RELATED: Reese gets a Hollywood star
"I feel very lucky to have the chance to try again, you know?" she recently acknowledged to Glamour. "What I'm finding out is that it's very comfortable to be with somebody who understands my career, but doesn't do what I do. He's a great guy. He's wonderful."
These latest ring rumblings follow Us Weekly's cover story on how a seemingly marriage-minded Toth was designing a ring for the "head over heels" A-lister.
A month earlier, In Touch claimed that the agent had been seen bauble-shopping at several high-end Los Angeles jewelry stores and was searching for a ring that was "classic and beautiful, just like Reese herself." A "surprise" proposal was said to be imminent.
RELATED: 'Funny doesn't sag,' says Reese
"[Getting engaged] is a natural step for them, but they're not in a rush," a confidant explained to People in October. "There's no deadline, no timetable. But it's something in the future."
Speaking of the future, that's exactly what Witherspoon is focused on as she assures EW that she regrets nothing.
"I don't feel bad about any of the things I've gone through, whether it's divorce or breakups or anything like that, because that's all part of the life journey, and I have those experiences just like anyone else," she tells EW. "My favorite quote is from Martha Stewart: 'I have a short memory for painful things.' And I do."
Explains Reese, "I have one of those incredible memories where I just erase painful things. Maybe that's really unhealthy, and I probably need to see a therapist. But I don't dwell. You just keep going forward."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite