Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite