Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite