Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Lionsgate, Reese Witherspoon Developing 'Outliers' Trilogy as Next Major YA FranchMSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 4:18:00 PM
- Anthony LaPaglia to Star in CBS's Terrorism PilotMSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Josh Lucas Cast With Debra Messing in NBC Drama Pilot 'The Mysteries of Laura'MSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 3:57:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games,' 'Boardwalk Empire' Actors Join HBO's MaMSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Chris Brown Sent to Jail After Being Booted from RehabMSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Lionsgate, Reese Witherspoon Developing 'Outliers' Trilogy as Next Major YA Franch
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Rita Ora, Kristen Bell, and Britney Spears all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See where the cast of "Full House" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite