Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- The Tomorrow People Welcomes a New HeroMSNEntertainment 3/17/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Lost' 10-Year Reunion: No Jack, No Kate, No Malaysian Flight Talk But Creators TeMSNEntertainment 3/17/2014 12:18:00 AM
- Rapper Tyler the Creator Plays Sold-Out Show After Release on SXSW Riot ChargeMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 5:19:00 PM
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:16:00 PM
- Sailor in Iconic End-of-World War II Kissing Photo DeadMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:00:00 PM
- The Tomorrow People Welcomes a New Hero
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Paris Hilton flaunts her new real estate development, the Paris Beach Club, on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rita Ora, Kristen Bell, and Britney Spears all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the controversy surrounding the "Bachelor" Juan Pablo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite