Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite