Antonio Banderas was 'afraid' of Madonna's attentions
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Miguel Tovar/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Rosewater,' 'Birdman' and 'Wild' Headed to TeMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 7:11:00 AM
- First Look: Family Guy and The Simpsons Crossover Episode MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Watch My Show: Welcome to Sweden's Greg Poehler Answers Our Showrunner SurveyMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 6:50:00 AM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are MarriedMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 6:48:00 AM
- Linda Hamilton is "Manic, Mad and Full of Secrets" in the Defiance Season Finale MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 6:47:00 AM
- 'Rosewater,' 'Birdman' and 'Wild' Headed to Te
Madonna famously flaunted her crush on the Spanish hunk in her 1991 documentary "Truth or Dare," which saw her flirt with a shy Banderas at a party in Spain.
"I couldn't speak English at the time," he says. "She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner -- I couldn't understand s---. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people.
"It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot.' I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married (to first wife Ana Leza).' So, nothing happened.
"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."
The pair went on to star in the 1996 movie musical "Evita" together.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite