Arnold Reveals Wife's Confrontation Over Love Child
- Photo: AN2/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: CD1/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: AN2/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: MAX WHITTAKER/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RSD/BSB/ZO6/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/Michael Wright/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Deano/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Anthony Goodrich/Pacific Coast News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Stephen Colbert Explains 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Role to Letterman (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:13:01 AM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is Ameri
In his new autobiography, Arnold Schwarzenegger describes exactly how his ex-wife, Maria Shriver, confronted him about fathering a child with the family's housekeeper.
The former California governor explains that Shriver called a meeting with a family therapist right after he left office in January 2011. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes in the book, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.
"I told the therapist, 'It's true,'" the "Expendables 2" star reveals. In the book -- due out next week -- Schwarzenegger reportedly recounts that he had sex with housekeeper Mildred Baena in 1996 in the family guesthouse while his wife and the kids were away on vacation.
The star says he tried for years to convince himself that Baena's husband was the father of the child, but eventually he had to face the truth when the boy grew up with obvious resemblance to Schwarzenegger. "Instead of doing the right thing, I'd just put the truth in a mental compartment and locked it up where I didn't deal with it every day," he writes.
According to the advance transcript, Schwarzenegger started to try to win back Shriver after the love child secret was out, telling his wife he had "screwed up" and that she was the "perfect wife." Schwarzenegger, 65, issued a public statement in May 2011 admitting that he had fathered the male child 14 years earlier. The couple announced their separation the same month, and Shriver later filed for divorce.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite