Arnold Reveals Wife's Confrontation Over Love Child
- Photo: AN2/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: CD1/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: AN2/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: MAX WHITTAKER/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RSD/BSB/ZO6/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/Michael Wright/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Deano/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Anthony Goodrich/Pacific Coast News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
In his new autobiography, Arnold Schwarzenegger describes exactly how his ex-wife, Maria Shriver, confronted him about fathering a child with the family's housekeeper.
The former California governor explains that Shriver called a meeting with a family therapist right after he left office in January 2011. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes in the book, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.
"I told the therapist, 'It's true,'" the "Expendables 2" star reveals. In the book -- due out next week -- Schwarzenegger reportedly recounts that he had sex with housekeeper Mildred Baena in 1996 in the family guesthouse while his wife and the kids were away on vacation.
The star says he tried for years to convince himself that Baena's husband was the father of the child, but eventually he had to face the truth when the boy grew up with obvious resemblance to Schwarzenegger. "Instead of doing the right thing, I'd just put the truth in a mental compartment and locked it up where I didn't deal with it every day," he writes.
According to the advance transcript, Schwarzenegger started to try to win back Shriver after the love child secret was out, telling his wife he had "screwed up" and that she was the "perfect wife." Schwarzenegger, 65, issued a public statement in May 2011 admitting that he had fathered the male child 14 years earlier. The couple announced their separation the same month, and Shriver later filed for divorce.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite