Arnold Reveals Wife's Confrontation Over Love Child
- Photo: AN2/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: CD1/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: AN2/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: MAX WHITTAKER/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RSD/BSB/ZO6/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/Michael Wright/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Deano/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Anthony Goodrich/Pacific Coast News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
In his new autobiography, Arnold Schwarzenegger describes exactly how his ex-wife, Maria Shriver, confronted him about fathering a child with the family's housekeeper.
The former California governor explains that Shriver called a meeting with a family therapist right after he left office in January 2011. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes in the book, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.
"I told the therapist, 'It's true,'" the "Expendables 2" star reveals. In the book -- due out next week -- Schwarzenegger reportedly recounts that he had sex with housekeeper Mildred Baena in 1996 in the family guesthouse while his wife and the kids were away on vacation.
The star says he tried for years to convince himself that Baena's husband was the father of the child, but eventually he had to face the truth when the boy grew up with obvious resemblance to Schwarzenegger. "Instead of doing the right thing, I'd just put the truth in a mental compartment and locked it up where I didn't deal with it every day," he writes.
According to the advance transcript, Schwarzenegger started to try to win back Shriver after the love child secret was out, telling his wife he had "screwed up" and that she was the "perfect wife." Schwarzenegger, 65, issued a public statement in May 2011 admitting that he had fathered the male child 14 years earlier. The couple announced their separation the same month, and Shriver later filed for divorce.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite