Arnold Reveals Wife's Confrontation Over Love Child
- Photo: AN2/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: VPC/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: CD1/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: AN2/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: MAX WHITTAKER/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: RSD/BSB/ZO6/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/Michael Wright/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Deano/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet16 of 18
- Photo: Anthony Goodrich/Pacific Coast News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
In his new autobiography, Arnold Schwarzenegger describes exactly how his ex-wife, Maria Shriver, confronted him about fathering a child with the family's housekeeper.
The former California governor explains that Shriver called a meeting with a family therapist right after he left office in January 2011. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes in the book, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story," according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.
"I told the therapist, 'It's true,'" the "Expendables 2" star reveals. In the book -- due out next week -- Schwarzenegger reportedly recounts that he had sex with housekeeper Mildred Baena in 1996 in the family guesthouse while his wife and the kids were away on vacation.
The star says he tried for years to convince himself that Baena's husband was the father of the child, but eventually he had to face the truth when the boy grew up with obvious resemblance to Schwarzenegger. "Instead of doing the right thing, I'd just put the truth in a mental compartment and locked it up where I didn't deal with it every day," he writes.
According to the advance transcript, Schwarzenegger started to try to win back Shriver after the love child secret was out, telling his wife he had "screwed up" and that she was the "perfect wife." Schwarzenegger, 65, issued a public statement in May 2011 admitting that he had fathered the male child 14 years earlier. The couple announced their separation the same month, and Shriver later filed for divorce.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out a slew of new selfies including Kim Zolciak-Biermann’s post-babies body, Lady Gaga snuggling with Taylor Kinney and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite