Arnold Schwarzenegger: Affair With Housekeeper Mildred Baena Was 'Stupidest Thing I've Done' to Maria Shriver
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Steve Yeater/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Lionel Cirroneau/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Arnold Schwarzenegger knows he made a major mistake.
In an interview with "60 Minutes" airing Sept. 30, the former Republican governor of California, 65, speaks candidly about his extramarital affair with housekeeper Mildred Baena that resulted in the birth of his fifth child, Joseph, 14. (The shocking news of Schwarzenegger's infidelity and secret son was not revealed until May 2011.)
Reporter Lesley Stahl reminds Schwarzenegger that his wife of 25 years, Maria Shriver, "gave up her television career" to support his dreams. "I mean, wow! Was this just the most unbelievable act of betrayal to Maria?"
"I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the whole relationship," the "Terminator" actor replies. "It was terrible. I inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and unbelievable pain on the kids." (Schwarzenegger and Shriver, 56, are parents to Katherine, 22, Christina, 21, Patrick, 19, and Christopher, 15.)
Schwarzenegger appears on the program to promote his new autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story." In recently released excerpts from the memoir, the ex-bodybuilder admits he did not confess to fathering a child with Baena until a Jan. 4, 2011 couples' counseling session. "The minute we sat down, the therapist turned to me and said, 'Maria wanted to come here today and to ask about a child -- whether you fathered a child with your housekeeper Mildred,'" Schwarzenegger writes. "I told the therapist, 'It's true.'"
Shriver waited to confront Schwarzenegger about his affair until after his term as governor had ended. When she did, the politician begged his wife to forgive him, admitting he "screwed up." They announced their separation on May 9, 2011, but Schwarzenegger still hopes to reconcile with the activist and author. "You can call this denial," he writes. "But it's the way my mind works."
"60 Minutes" airs Sunday, September 30, at 7 p.m. EST on CBS.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite