Arnold Schwarzenegger's Former Flight Attendant Files Defamation Suit
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Yeater/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: J. Scott Applewhite/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: CWB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: Orion Pictures/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Bela Szandelszky/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: LIONEL CIRONNEAU/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Tim Sharp/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Tammy and Tom Tousignant filed suit against several news outlets on July 28, in regards to false claims that Tammy had a "love child" with the former governor.
Gawker, the National Enquirer and the Daily Mail are among those listed as defendants in the filed complaint for defamation by libel.
"Tanner Tousignant is not the illegitimate son of Arnold Schwarzenegger," the family's court documents state explicitly. "The reports regarding the Tousignants are entirely false."
The Daily Mail and the National Enquirer published articles in 2003 claiming that Tammy had an extra-marital affair with Schwarzenegger resulting in the birth of her son Tanner. After Arnold's 2011 admission to fathering a child with "a former household staff member," Gawker ran a story suggesting that Tanner was the child in question.
"Freedom of the press is a valuable right but it is not a license for gossipy tabloids to tar and feather innocent citizens and destroy their reputations for the rags' profit," the Los Angeles court documents state.
RELATED: J. LO and Marc Rumor Rundown
According to their legal papers, the plaintiffs seek an undetermined amount of compensation for damages that they "believe to be in excess of $10 million."
Tammy worked for Arnold as a flight attendant on his private plane from 1987 to 1999. Following Arnold's confession, his former household staff member Mildred Baena came forward to admit her affair with Arnold that resulted in the birth of their son.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite