Ashley Greene: Not Eating Got Me in Shape for 'New Moon'
- Photo: Kiley Bishop/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Cortes/Retna Ltd.6 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Denis Poroy/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to ProtestsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:35:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 9:19 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:19:33 AM
- Discovery Cancels Sons of Guns after Will Hayden Arrested on Rape ChargesMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:01:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Eviction Leads to Guest Spot on 'The Bold and the BeautifulMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:02:00 AM
- 'As Above, So Below' Review: Deserves a Swift BurialMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 10:23:00 PM
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to Protests
How did Ashley Greene get fit for "New Moon"?
"It was really easy," the actress, 22, told Usmagazine.com Saturday at a "New Moon" promotional event in Naperville, Ill. "We were working 12 hours a day, so it didn't leave too much time to eat."
After her response, her publicist nudged her, but Greene didn't seem to care about her blunt answer.
When she did eat, she chose "really healthy stuff, which was nice."
Greene also said that training extensively for the sequel, which had the third biggest box office opening of all time, accounted for her figure in the movie.
"We had a personal trainer and then we also had fight training," she told Us. "It was a good four hours a day of training."
To stay in shape these days, she said she does Pilates, usually six days a week.
"I do it early in the morning. It wakes you up, and it's kind of refreshing," said Greene, who is headed to London in a few months to begin filming the thriller "The Apparition." "And that is basically it. Sometimes cardio. I am not a big weight person because when I do weights I build muscle mass."
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite