Ashley Greene on Showering Alone and Saying Goodbye to 'Twilight'Related: Celeb Spotlight, Ashley Greene
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP1 of 21
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP2 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: DJDM/WENN4 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 21
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage8 of 21
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks10 of 21
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/AP12 of 21
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI13 of 21
- Photo: BFA/.14 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP16 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America18 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP19 of 21
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
By Scott Huver
Ashley Greene admits nobody's better at scaring her than, well, Ashley Greene.
RELATED: Ashley Greene's Fun & Edgy Style
"When I was younger, I watched a lot of horror films," she says. "And then at a certain point I hit an age where I kind of realized 'Oh, wait -- people can probably watch this and duplicate it; or this could be real.' That's when it got scary to me, that all of this could actually happen. I know it is a movie, but there are people out there."
Even if those people are just characters in movies.
"I had this weird thing about showering at night by myself because I had, obviously, seen 'Psycho' and one night my parents weren't home, and I had to," she recalls. "And the power went out -- that one time! I was terrified. I literally climbed out the window and went to my neighbor's house. I was so terrified, and we lived on the water and the back of my house was glass. There were all these long hallways. I mean, it was literally terrifying."
Greene says she's been generally more scared by psycho killer scenarios than supernatural forces -- she'd rather remain in denial of phantasmagorical possibilities. "I would prefer to not believe in ghosts," she says. "Actually, the building that I live in, they say, is haunted, which is great. It's an historical building. … The whole reason that I prefer not to believe in ghosts is because it's a scary thing. You can't call the cops and say, 'Oh, there's a ghost.' No one can really help you and there's not really much of a defense against it."
RELATED: Who Said It: 'Twilight' Edition
If you can't tell, Greene has been spending a lot of time thinking -- and talking -- about what scares her. The actress, known for her stint in the vampire genre in "Twilight" stars in her first psychological horror film, "The Apparition," in theaters on Aug. 24.
One genuinely scary thing facing Greene right now is life without "Twilight." The Nov. 16 release of "Breaking Dawn -- Part Two" is the final installment of the blockbuster franchise.
"Comic-Con was when I was like, 'Oh, wait,'" she says. "That was the first event that was the last event that we were going to do for 'Twilight,' and I was like, 'Wow -- It's crazy.' It has been such a huge part of my life and my career. It basically started my career. You do get comfortable and you do become a family with these people, so it's a little weird knowing that we're not going to go back to that."
But she won't let that haunt her, either. "I like to be positive," says Greene. "I think it's afforded me a lot of opportunities and so I feel like I just want to keep moving forward and kind of jump at those rather than being that sad about the past."
RELATED: 'Twilight' Stars at Comic-Con
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite