Ashley Greene on Showering Alone and Saying Goodbye to 'Twilight'Related: Celeb Spotlight, Ashley Greene
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP1 of 21
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP2 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: DJDM/WENN4 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 21
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage8 of 21
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks10 of 21
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/AP12 of 21
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI13 of 21
- Photo: BFA/.14 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP16 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America18 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP19 of 21
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
By Scott Huver
Ashley Greene admits nobody's better at scaring her than, well, Ashley Greene.
RELATED: Ashley Greene's Fun & Edgy Style
"When I was younger, I watched a lot of horror films," she says. "And then at a certain point I hit an age where I kind of realized 'Oh, wait -- people can probably watch this and duplicate it; or this could be real.' That's when it got scary to me, that all of this could actually happen. I know it is a movie, but there are people out there."
Even if those people are just characters in movies.
"I had this weird thing about showering at night by myself because I had, obviously, seen 'Psycho' and one night my parents weren't home, and I had to," she recalls. "And the power went out -- that one time! I was terrified. I literally climbed out the window and went to my neighbor's house. I was so terrified, and we lived on the water and the back of my house was glass. There were all these long hallways. I mean, it was literally terrifying."
Greene says she's been generally more scared by psycho killer scenarios than supernatural forces -- she'd rather remain in denial of phantasmagorical possibilities. "I would prefer to not believe in ghosts," she says. "Actually, the building that I live in, they say, is haunted, which is great. It's an historical building. … The whole reason that I prefer not to believe in ghosts is because it's a scary thing. You can't call the cops and say, 'Oh, there's a ghost.' No one can really help you and there's not really much of a defense against it."
RELATED: Who Said It: 'Twilight' Edition
If you can't tell, Greene has been spending a lot of time thinking -- and talking -- about what scares her. The actress, known for her stint in the vampire genre in "Twilight" stars in her first psychological horror film, "The Apparition," in theaters on Aug. 24.
One genuinely scary thing facing Greene right now is life without "Twilight." The Nov. 16 release of "Breaking Dawn -- Part Two" is the final installment of the blockbuster franchise.
"Comic-Con was when I was like, 'Oh, wait,'" she says. "That was the first event that was the last event that we were going to do for 'Twilight,' and I was like, 'Wow -- It's crazy.' It has been such a huge part of my life and my career. It basically started my career. You do get comfortable and you do become a family with these people, so it's a little weird knowing that we're not going to go back to that."
But she won't let that haunt her, either. "I like to be positive," says Greene. "I think it's afforded me a lot of opportunities and so I feel like I just want to keep moving forward and kind of jump at those rather than being that sad about the past."
RELATED: 'Twilight' Stars at Comic-Con
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite