- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 21
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: DJDM/WENN4 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 21
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage8 of 21
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks10 of 21
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 21
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI13 of 21
- Photo: BFA/.14 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 21
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America18 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP19 of 21
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- The Golden Globes Big Shock: They Got it RightMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:57:49 AM
- Stephen Colbert Releases Obamacare Christmas Carol Parodies (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:49:56 AM
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:06:02 AM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)
By Scott Huver
Ashley Greene admits nobody's better at scaring her than, well, Ashley Greene.
RELATED: Ashley Greene's Fun & Edgy Style
"When I was younger, I watched a lot of horror films," she says. "And then at a certain point I hit an age where I kind of realized 'Oh, wait -- people can probably watch this and duplicate it; or this could be real.' That's when it got scary to me, that all of this could actually happen. I know it is a movie, but there are people out there."
Even if those people are just characters in movies.
"I had this weird thing about showering at night by myself because I had, obviously, seen 'Psycho' and one night my parents weren't home, and I had to," she recalls. "And the power went out -- that one time! I was terrified. I literally climbed out the window and went to my neighbor's house. I was so terrified, and we lived on the water and the back of my house was glass. There were all these long hallways. I mean, it was literally terrifying."
Greene says she's been generally more scared by psycho killer scenarios than supernatural forces -- she'd rather remain in denial of phantasmagorical possibilities. "I would prefer to not believe in ghosts," she says. "Actually, the building that I live in, they say, is haunted, which is great. It's an historical building. … The whole reason that I prefer not to believe in ghosts is because it's a scary thing. You can't call the cops and say, 'Oh, there's a ghost.' No one can really help you and there's not really much of a defense against it."
RELATED: Who Said It: 'Twilight' Edition
If you can't tell, Greene has been spending a lot of time thinking -- and talking -- about what scares her. The actress, known for her stint in the vampire genre in "Twilight" stars in her first psychological horror film, "The Apparition," in theaters on Aug. 24.
One genuinely scary thing facing Greene right now is life without "Twilight." The Nov. 16 release of "Breaking Dawn -- Part Two" is the final installment of the blockbuster franchise.
"Comic-Con was when I was like, 'Oh, wait,'" she says. "That was the first event that was the last event that we were going to do for 'Twilight,' and I was like, 'Wow -- It's crazy.' It has been such a huge part of my life and my career. It basically started my career. You do get comfortable and you do become a family with these people, so it's a little weird knowing that we're not going to go back to that."
But she won't let that haunt her, either. "I like to be positive," says Greene. "I think it's afforded me a lot of opportunities and so I feel like I just want to keep moving forward and kind of jump at those rather than being that sad about the past."
RELATED: 'Twilight' Stars at Comic-Con
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite